2014 Deshima Award for successful Dutch companies in Japan Announced
AEGON Sony Life Insurance, Bugaboo, Itpreneurs and BBE Biogas awarded by during State Dinner in October 2014 in Tokyo
Tokyo, October 29, 2014
The Netherlands Chamber of Commerce in Japan (NCCJ)、chaired by Hans van der Tang announced today in the Okura Hotel in Tokyo during the Trade Dinner of the Ministry of Economic Affairs on the occasion of the State Visit of Their Majesties the King and Queen of the Netherlands to Japan the names of 4 Dutch companies in Japan as winners of the 2014 Deshima Award.
This prestigious Award is granted by the NCCJ bi-annually in recognition of Dutch companies demonstrating impressive achievements in successful business development in the Japanese market. The Award consists of one Deshima Award Winner and one Encouragement Prize Winner in both the Large Enterprises and Small & Mid-sized Enterprises segment.
For the large company segment the Award winner is AEGON Sony Life Insurance Co., Ltd., and the Encouragement Prize Winner in this segment is Bugaboo Japan K.K.,
The Award winner for the small and medium company segment is ITpreneurs Japan Asia Pacific, Inc. and the Encouragement Prize Winner in this segment is BBE Biogas B.V.
The presentation of the Deshima Business Awards Ceremony 2014 was held from 8.00 pm on October 29
The awards were announced by Danny Risberg, Chairman of the Board of Jury for the Deshima Award , 2014, and CEO of Philips Japan and Chairman of the European Business Council (EBC) in Japan. The following distinguished guests handed the prizes to the winners:
– Mr. Shinji Fukukawa, former Vice Minister of International Trade and Industry (MITI) – the Encouragement Prize in the small /mid size enterprise category to BBE Biogas B.V.
– Mr. Takao Kusakari, Chairman of Netherlands Market Council (NMC) – Encouragement Prize in the large company category to Bugaboo Japan K.K.
– Mr. Shoichi Yoshimura, President of the Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO) – the Award Prize in the small /mid size enterprise category to ITpreneurs Japan Asia Pacific, Inc.
– Mr. Simon Smits, Director-General for Foreign Economic Relations of the Ministry of Economic Affairs – the Award Prize in the large company category to AEGON Sony Life Insurance Co., Ltd.
The Deshima Award was established in 2000 to promote greater awareness of opportunities for export of goods and technology to Japan and for investment in Japan by companies and institutions in the Netherlands. The winners are selected by a joint Japanese and Netherlands jury. For this year’s award, 11 Dutch companies participated in the finalist round.
Likewise, the Dutch- Japanese Trade Federation (DUJAT), a NPO headquartered in Amsterdam created a mirror version of this Deshima Award for successful Japanese companies operating in the Netherlands in 2006.The Deshima Award is now presented in both countries every other year in Japan and the Netherlands to Dutch companies and Japanese companies respectively.
Introduction of the Winners:
AEGON Sony Life Insurance Co., Ltd. – www.aegon.jp/en/Home/Aegon-Sony-Life-Insurance
Aegon Sony Life is a life insurance company operated jointly by Sony Life and Aegon in 2009 established to serve the Japanese retirement market
ITpreneurs Japan Asia Pacific, Inc. – www.itpreneurs.com
ITpreneurs offers quality training content for licensing, along with valuable services to enable training providers to deliver a vast portfolio of courses in a cost-effective, convenient and efficient manner.
Bugaboo Japan K.K. – www.bugaboo.com/JP/en_JP/home
Bugaboo is a Dutch mobility company. Its mission is to excite every person on the move and its passion is for innovation results in products that inspire people to get out and explore the world.
BBE Biogas B.V. – www.bbebiogas.nl/en/
Founded in 2006, BBE Biogas BV operates within the entire process of sustainable energy production from renewable feedstock sources and develops, designs, constructs, finances, operates, services and maintains anaerobic digestion (AD) plants.
For more information please contact:
Netherlands Chamber of Commerce in Japan (NCCJ)
Mrs. Etsuko Yamanaka
Telephone / Fax: +81 (0)44 740 1558
Past Deshima award winners in Japan (Dutch companies):
– 2006: DSM Japan and Susan Bijl
– 2008: ASML Japan and SENZ Umbrellas
– 2010: Agendia and Randstad Japan
– 2012: CSM Japan and Dick Bruna Japan
Past Award winners in the Netherlands (Japanese companies):
– 2007: FUJIFILM and Hitachi Construction Machinery
– 2009: Teijin Group and Sekisui S-LEC,
– 2011: Astellas and Menicon
– 2013: Canon and Kobelco
– AEGON Sony Life Insurance Co., Ltd.: www.aegon.jp/en/Home/Aegon-Sony-Life-Insurance
– ITpreneurs Japan Asia Pacific, Inc.: www.itpreneurs.com/
– Bugaboo Japan K.K.: www.bugaboo.com/JP/en_JP/home
– BBE Biogas B.V.: www.bbebiogas.nl/en/
– NCCJ: www.nccj.jp
– DUJAT: www.dujat.nl