Japan – Central Eastern Europe Investment Summit & Awards in Tokyo
Dear members of Dujat. We would like to bring the following event under your attention, which will take place at Palace Hotel Tokyo on the 25th of April. Please view the agenda below and visit the event website for more information.
Direct Investment into key sectors of CEE
8:00-9:00 Registration and Networking Teas and Coffees
9:00 – 9:15 Introduction and Welcome VIP Guests
9:15-10:15 Keynote Speakers:
- Political Briefing of the Central Eastern Europe region, Marek Matraszek, CEO and Founder, CEC Government Relations
- Economic Briefing of the Central Eastern Europe region, Hiro Shirakawa, Ph.D., Vice Chairman, Chief Economist, Credit Suisse Securities (Japan) Limited.
10:15 – 11:00 “European Union – Japan Economic Partnership Agreement” (EPA) in 2019 – an analysis of the practical benefits.
- Naofumi Makino, Senior Director for Global Strategy Europe, JETRO (Tokyo)
- Francesco Formiconi, Executive Director, European Business Council in Japan.
- Philippe de Taxis du Poët, EU-side General Manager, EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation
11:00 – 11:30 Teas, Coffees and networking
11:30 – 12:15 Case-studies from veteran, long-established Japanese investors, and new Japanese investors in CEE. Lessons learned from M&As, or greenfield investors.
- Yoshiyuki Kizu, Nishimura & Asahi law firm (Tokyo)
- Panelist: Makino Hiroo, Daiwa Securities – Managing Director (responsible for European transactions)
- Panelist: Bartjan Zoetmulder, Tax Partner and Head of CEE Team, LOYENS & LOEFF N.V. (Holland) – Optimal Tax and deal structuring. M&A case-study.
12:15 – 12:30 Economic Incentives in CEE countries. New regulations on Special Economic Zones. Update on changes in incentive and tax packages.
- Richard Schneider, Director for Japanese Operations, CzechInvest (Tokyo)
- Eliza Klonowska-Siwak, Tokyo Bureau Chief, Polish Investment and Trade Agency
12:30 – 13:00 Electric Vehicles (EV) development in CEE. How the Japanese automotive industry is leveraging locations in CEE for strategic advantage.
Speaker – TBA
13:00 -14:15 Networking Luncheon
14:15 – 15:15 Cross-border opportunities between Japan and Central Eastern Europe in the areas of Technology, IT, Gaming, SoftDev and Digital:
- Marc Einstein, Chief Analyst, Telecommunications & Digital Services, ITR (Tokyo)
- Panelist #1 – CEE market as source of Software/Digital development for Japanese firms.
- Speaker #2 – Leveraging Japanese technology in CEE, and vice-versa.
15:15 -16:30 Private 1-on-1 Meetings; Meetings with 4-5 CEE Investment Promotion Agencies and their top management (Poland, Czech, Hungary, Romania, Lithuania, Slovakia)
16:30 – 17:00 Investment Summit Closing and afternoon Teas
18:15 Japan – CEE Europe Investment Awards Gala Reception and Networking begins